I recently read about how chilling cookie dough for at least 24 hours improves the end result, so I thought I would give it a go.
These have become my favourite cookies. I love the contrast of the sweetness of the chocolate and sourness from the cherries.
You can find me on Facebook and Instagram!
Cherry and Chocolate Cookies
90g Brown Sugar
90g caster sugar
1tsp Vanilla Extract
100g Milk Chocolate, roughly chopped
200g Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
100g dried cherries
Large pinch of Salt
230g Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1. Beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg and beat until combined, then add the vanilla extract.
3. Once everything is combined add the chocolate and cherries and mix again.
4. Finally gently fold in the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
5. Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge for 24 hours.
6. When you are ready to bake the cookies preheat the oven to 175c (fan assisted). Line two baking trays with baking paper. Divide the mixture into approximately 14 pieces. Roll each piece of dough in your hands and then flatten into a disc which is 2cm thick. Space the discs evenly across the baking trays. Make sure you leave enough space for them to expand.
7.. Bake in the preheated oven for around 10 minutes. You want the edges to be set and slightly crunchy but the middle to be quite soft.
4 thoughts on “Cherry and Chocolate Cookies”
Love the combination of chocolate and cherry! 😊 Haven’t tried it in a cookie yet, so these are going on my list of things to make!
Thank you! Please let me know if you make them. These instantly became my favourite cookies
These look gorgeous – I love the combination of chocolate and cherries. I’ve made the Nigella brownie recipe with sour cherries, white chocolate and walnuts before – it’s a great twist too!
Thank you! It is one of my new favourite combinations too! They sound delicious. I might have to give them a go!