Unfortunately I don’t have that much to report this week so I have a recipe for you instead!
Work has been fairly busy and I have completed a second day at school, I have my first practical day on Friday so I will let you know how that goes!
I hope you enjoy the recipe below, please let me know if you give it a go!
You can find Lucya Bakes on Instagram!
Chocolate and Caramel Brownies with Pretzel pieces
300g dark chocolate
220g butter, softened
225g brown sugar
80g plain flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
100g milk chocolate, chopped in to small pieces
1 small pack of pretzels for decoration
1 quantity of caramel (I always use this recipe from Ed Kimber)
- preheat the oven to 190c
- melt the dark chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a pan of hot water
- beat the eggs and sugar together
- mix in the melted chocolate mixture
- stir in the flour, baking powder and milk chocolate until well combined
- pour in to a lined baking tin and level the surface
- spoon around 3/4 of your caramel over the brownie mixture, then using a spoon swirl together
- bake in the oven for 40 minutes
- take out of the oven and leave to cool completely before cutting
- decorate with pretzel pieces and the remaining caramel sauce (optional)