Not a lot has happened in the last week although I STILL have not sent my letters out. There was a small matter of getting a land line which took longer to connect than we anticipated! Anyway it is finally sorted and the letters will be going to the post office this afternoon!
I have however had a good week in terms of baking from pizza dough and pretzels to a Peanutella cake! So I have quite a few blog posts in progress.
Below is a recipe for a Pound Cake, it is a very simple cake to make and is denser than a normal sponge. I have added a little bit of vanilla as I think it works quite well.
follow me on Instagram – @lucya12
equal weight of flour, brown sugar and butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Weigh out the whites and yolks of 3 eggs
- Weigh out equal amounts of brown sugar, flour and butter as the weight of the eggs
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- stir in the eggs. Once combined add the vanilla extract and stir again
- Fold in the flour
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tray with butter (this mixture should make about 10)
- spoon mixture in to prepared tray (about 2/3 full)
- bake in over for 15 minutes
- take out of the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes, once cakes are cool enough to handle, put them on a wire rack to cool completely