I have had a bit of frustrating week this week. On Friday I will be finishing module 1 of my intensive German language course, the school may delay us going on to module 2 because of the number of students in our class… just when I have started to notice my German improving as well!
The second slightly annoying thing this is it is time for me to start applying for an Ausbildung (apprenticeship) to become a Konditionin (Pastry Chef). I have been searching in my area and at the moment there are only vacancies to become a baker. I am not sure whether I should apply for these or hold out for something I really want. Decisions decisions! I think I am going to write to a few Patisserie’s this week to see if I can get my foot in the door that way! I will keep you updated!
On a slightly more positive note I still had a lot of my homemade mincemeat left in the fridge so I did some experimenting and came up with this recipe below for Mincemeat Brownies. I think this works much better with homemade mincemeat instead of store bought as it is not so sweet!
300g dark chocolate
220g butter, softened
225g brown sugar
80g plain flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
100g milk chocolate, chopped in to small pieces
1 jar of mincemeat (400g)
- preheat the oven to 190c
- melt the dark chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a pan of hot water
- beat the eggs and sugar together
- mix in the melted chocolate mixture
- stir in the flour, baking powder, milk chocolate and mincemeat until well combined
- pour in to a lined baking tin and level the surface
- bake in the oven for 40 minutes
- take out of the oven and leave to cool completely before cutting