Baking while looking after a baby has proved to be quite challenging. So this year I have been baking a lot of things which are quick and easy.
These cranberry, chocolate and cinnamon cookies are the perfect festive bake and they really benefit from the rest in the fridge.
Let me know if you try them!
A Recipe for Christmas Cookies
90g Brown Sugar
90g caster sugar
1tsp Vanilla Extract
100g Milk Chocolate, roughly chopped
200g Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
100g dried cranberries
Large pinch of Salt
230g Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg and beat until combined, then add the vanilla extract.
3. Once everything is combined add the chocolate and cranberries and mix again.
4. Finally gently fold in the flour, salt, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda.
5. Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge for 24 hours.
6. When you are ready to bake the cookies preheat the oven to 175c (fan assisted). Line two baking trays with baking paper. Divide the mixture into approximately 14 pieces. Roll each piece of dough in your hands and then flatten into a disc which is 2cm thick. Space the discs evenly across the baking trays. Make sure you leave enough space for them to expand.
7.. Bake in the preheated oven for around 10 minutes. You want the edges to be set and slightly crunchy but the middle to be quite soft.